Location – Keele University, Innovation Centre 7, Staffordshire
Main Contractor – B&K Building Services
Contract Value – £1.1m
Duration – 43 Weeks
Description of Works – The Building consists of open plan offices, Digital Laboratory areas, Research Space Data Centre, and associated ancillary WC/Kitchen areas. A wide variety of Mechanical Services were designed and installed by William Bailey, all detailed as follows:-
- 2no. Air Source Heat Pumps sited on the roof provide heating to AHU coils,radiators & underfloor heating.
- Cooling is provided to certain ground floor areas by fan coil units fed from the Air Source Heat Pumps on the roof.
- The ground floor Data Centre is cooled via a dedicated system comprising Dry Air Coolers & CRAC Units.
- The general floor areas are provided with variable volume mechanical heat recovery ventilation comprising a central AHU within the rooftop plantroom and local VAV units.
- The WC areas are served by a constant volume heat recovery ventilation system fed from a central AHU within the rooftop plantroom.
- Boosted cold water is provided to all CWS outlets by means of a tank/booster set arrangement in the ground floor plant room. Hot water is via local electric hot water heaters.