Location – Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
Main Contractor – Kier Construction
Contract Value – £380k
Duration – 21 Weeks
Description of Works – Pre-designed mechanical services project, working closely with the main contractor Kier Construction, to carryout the full build / installation and commission, from a green site on the outskirts of Nottingham. The works were required to be completed on time to allow the school to open, in September 2019, with a full intake of children from the surrounding area’s new housing estates.
The mechanical works consisted of:-
- Two wall mounted gas fired condensing Boilers
- One gas fired condensing water heater
- Heating pipe work installed in Press fit copper tube and fittings
- Primary and Secondary inverter driven pumps
- 6 no toilet extract systems, with PIR control
- Heating system, with Hall radiant Panels. Classroom areas, with LST radiators
- Domestic services, incorporating Blending valves on all hot taps, to ensure that all child entrusted areas are kept below 41 deg C. Only taps that do not have this function are within the Kitchen Area and Cleaners Cupboards.
- Kitchen, supply and extract systems, incorporating time controls
- Comms room Direct Expansion cooling system
- Bespoke control panel designed in accordance with the client requirements
- Heat recovery Air Handling Units, for all Classrooms, centrally controlled from the BMS. Each unit has CO2 monitoring, which increases the supply and Extract air into the room, on the increase of the CO2 within the class room.
- Test and Commission all mechanical systems